Wednesday, July 30, 2014

publishing, accent fonts, and writers block... oh my!

I think it's time for a little writers block. 

I've been having writers block the past few weeks, which isn't unheard of for me (or anyone). But the timing is pretty ideal. I don't need to focus on unfinished projects or something new! I have a finished project that needs my full attention.

In Between Dreams, the début novel is complete. Now what? Now, it's time to publish!

I'm working with CreateSpace to put the finishing touches on the novel and to design the cover and all of the dull behind the scenes things that make a published novel. (Dull to you, awesome for me!)

I had my first consultation with the cover designer. We went over what I want, and they're going to get to work! We also designed the inside of the novel. (Body copy font, accent font, fleuron, format.) Besides being super riveting, it's so exciting. Seeing examples of what my book will look like when it's complete.

Feeling grateful, excited, and the intense urge to never write again. Kidding about the last part. I give this writers block maybe two more days before my fingers find the keys again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment